Winter motivation.......



Since the Dressage Nationals, I've had a bit of a lack of motivation. I think the whole 9 months of competing two horses have hit me and I'm tired.

I had planned on putting the focus back on Cu Chulainn and really getting to work with him, but he's actually come on leaps and bounds and finally relaxed, so everything is much easier with him. He's coming on the bit in walk and trot and a lot of canter, he can collect his canter, he's jumping out of his skin..........obviously there's so much more I could be doing with him, but I'm just a bit meh.....

We have two competitions this weekend, jumping on Friday night and dressage & jumping on Sunday. The dressage is the same test we've done twice before, so I'm not worried about the test. There are definitely things we need to work on within the test, we're not hitting 100% yet 😉 He has dropped one pole in the last few competitions, thats with clear rounds, and two competition rounds, coming 5th and 2nd.

I think I've just gone into hibernation mode. The evenings are darker and wintery. The rugs are on the horses (lightweight at the min, because I'm not clipping till January).  I'm just counting down the days till I have to bring them. And then it'll be get home from work, let them in, feed them, check them over, then eat myself and if I have the energy bring them over the road to ride. It's like having kids then, I'm stuck to home, as I have to let them out in the mornings too. I'm trying to make the most of my freedom now before that happens......

Anyhow, back to motivation!! I've had so much motivation all year round, really enjoying feeling the horses improve, suddenly it's run out.....

What do you do to motivate yourself?

We'll keep pottering along. Cu Chulainn is currently in two leagues and I hope to do a Midlands & Western show also. Finals of both leagues are on the first weekend of November, so I think November might be a fairly handy month. Recharge the batteries. Enjoy sitting by the fire. I'd like to get Fred back jumping again, mix it up a bit for him, and I hope to upgrade too, so that'll make things harder........but yeah, I'm in a meh zone 😕😕

Happy out on holidays!

Cu Chulainn is getting all the work

Just walking along, on the buckle...

Epic sunset

Comments

Popular Posts