The calm after the storm..........


Myself and the boys had a little break after the crazy week last week. Poor Fred cut himself a few times travelling and had swollen legs, so he got the whole week off. I didn't go near Cu Chulainn till the Wednesday.

We did a jump lesson on the Wednesday and he did brilliantly. The first jump we did was some barrels, just to mix it up. So he did that nice wibble wobble coming in to it, but he went straight over first time. He only had one issue with some other barrels. He did it at a lovely speed too, not too quick but with enough impulsion.

I brought him over again on Thursday night just to practice, because I planned on bringing him schooling on Saturday in some unregistered SJI. Again, he went lovely and confidently. I got my friend to cool him off for me, he hadn't been on him since the summer previously and couldn't get over the difference.

Saturday morning, after one hour's sleep, I loaded up and brought him schooling. We had a refusal at the first, only because he was concentrating and we knocked some related distances. But overall, I was absolutely delighted with him. He was really forward and not taking off or being strong. That particular course was in a much bigger arena then we were used to and it was ages between jumps, so him having a great forward stride was brilliant.

Fred was not impressed at all that Cu Chulainn was going off without him for a third time that week!! Like most boys, he needs his ego massaged regularly.

Sunday was another chill day for the boys. All I did horsewise was muck out.

On Monday, my friend came over for a hack. She hadn't been on a horse since last August. Fred was her trusty steed for the hack, and he was delighted to get out. Poor little CC was finding it hard to keep up with him and his huge stride!!
After, I'd a meeting with my riding club and got to collect my prize from the regional dinner dance 😀😁



Tuesday evening myself and Fred went for a quick hack in the rain. He loved it though. Loves his work.


My parents went away for a few days, so to exercise Rusty I brought him for a hack in the mornings with myself and Fred. The mornings are lovey and bright now, but I'm not!! I find it so had to get up that bit earlier to ride out. I'm more of a night owl 😀


On Wednesday evening myself and my friend did a 1/2 hr private with hard core instructor. I brought CC. He did well, but he finds it tough to relax. I was delighted my friend finally realised what my texts of 'I can't feel my legs' finally meant!! Don't think she was right for a few days!!!


I had a good friends wedding at the weekend, so Daddio was large and in charge.  I let them out to a small paddock of grass on the Friday before I left and they looked at me as if they weren't supposed to be in there! They kept running back in to the yard, are you serious mam??! They hadn't seen grass since November..... poor divils.






They behaved and I got some lovely horse hugs!! Entry for Balmoral has to go in tonight. I'm hoping to go jumping again on Wednesday and do some XC with them at the weekend. Not sure what our next competition is, but hopefully a hunter trial next week.

For now, we're all enjoying the sunshine!!









Comments

Popular Posts