High heels & celebrations......



In horse terms, since my last post, it has been............EPIC!!

On the Thursday night I attended the Midlands & Western region AGM in Tuam. It was really interesting and some great ideas came up- exciting times ahead! Then at the end myself & Fred were given an award and a Certificate of Achievement!! They can't take it back, it has our names on it!! 😂😂




Then on Saturday, myself and G.I.T. headed down to Claregalway for the Western Region AIRC Awards Gala.  Our club were well represented and we'd almost two full tables. There was laughing, dancing and muchos drinking!! As well as a few awards to top it all off..........😀 WHAT A NIGHT. Some of us may have managed to get to the early morning stages (and paid dearly for it).

Member of the year Advanced Intermediate 2nd year running 👌👍
4th in Intermediate jumping

3rd in AI  dressage
G.I.T. having the craic

Y.M.C.A.

Girls just wanna have fun

Out of the wellies!!


I didn't manage to ride again until my jumping lesson on Wednesday, between weather, darkness and the usual winter complaints. I kept CC to walk and trot as he was a little hot and we had a nice flat session. Then it was Fred's turn. Unfortunately we didn't get on as well as the week before, but still wasn't too bad. Gotta keep moving forward.

A Facebook memory from last year came up on my phone of me riding out in the morning, before work. I still haven't managed to do that this year. Ass needs to get more in gear.


Thursday I brought the boys over again to have a practice. Popped a few fences with Fred and he was grand. Happy days. CC was less fresh and behaved himself.
I won a Leroy & Bongo planner from Inside Track Eventing and it arrived that day. It's beautiful and I have already started filling it. Here's to a great year ahead!!


On Saturday I went to collect my new kittens, a boy; Bluto, and a girl; Clio. Clio didn't quite enjoy the car ride home. But they settled in ok.

They're not sure about the new arrivals!

Mr. Bluto

Eyeing up Rusty's tail!

In the afternoon I took CC on a 5 mile hack to tire him out for Sunday. It was windy and he was a bit spooky, which helps tire him out. Rusty came too for the spin. Both boys were tired after.
I mucked out later that evening and while unloading the wheelbarrow in the muck heap, the handles came off and I landed square on my ass. In the dark. On the muck heap. A wild Saturday night for me......I still had another bloody stable to do!! And the boys to plait! The glamorous life of horses, I think not.....


The boys were on first thing in the Dressage competition, so it was an early start for us. There was a heavy frost the night before and the road was white on the way over. We got there safely and got tacked up. The warm up arena was frozen, so I just walked and trotted them. I managed to give Fred one canter around the arena before we went in, but that was all. He did a nice test, but he can do better. Straight out to get CC then. He has no shoes, so the outdoor arena was tougher on him. We did as much as we could and went in. He was nicely tired after our hack so was pretty co-operative with me. He took off in the canter a bit, but we still managed the give & re-take of the reins. I was happy with them both. Tough conditions. I let them have a little snackage and a drink and then I'd a cup of tea and watched some dressage with Make up & Muck Heaps.
 Results were in. Fred had managed to come first (by a teeny margin). Our first first at Open dressage!! And CC came 3rd with a respectable score. Good day!!


And a bow........

Snackage......

Our first first in Open!!









Comments

Popular Posts