Feed balancers??!!

Last winter I fed most of the horses on beet pulp & oats and Fred was on Red Mills Simply Natural (I'd almost eat it myself) with beet pulp. This year though, I only have Fred & Cu Chulainn, so that should make things easier, but at the same time, they'll both be working and will need decent feed to keep their condition up.

I have decided that oats + beet pulp + a balancer is the way forward. Along with a supplement or two. But the next question is what Balancer?!?! I've done a bit of research on this and talked to some feed people at the RDS. I have to say Pegus were great and were very informative and got back to me very quickly with the information. I talked to at least 4 different companies and some were better than others with information. Then when you look into sourcing the various ones, your search is narrowed down again.........

But I have a few contenders, some easier to get than others. At the moment I'm looking at Red Mills Oat balancer cooked mix, Pegus 25% supplement balancer, Top spec comprehensive balancer and Blue Grass oat balancer mix.

I'd love for someone to just say to me, right this is what your horse needs and why........

So if anyone would like to give me their opinion, that'd be great!!

Comments

Popular Posts